Monday, April 27, 2009

Meeting a Blind Date

I have the worse time meeting a blind date (not the ones that are blind), but the ones that your friends or family set you up on. For many years, others have tried to set me up with a date and then they would no give me any information on what my date looked like. I hate going out to meet someone and not being able to see what they look like (until the time of the date). I would rather go to the personals online (e.g. like Yahoo, Eharmony, Singlesnet, etc) then to have someone fix me up with a blind date. You know the kind where you send you best friend or you family member in first to tell you what they look like and they come back and lie to you saying, They are very beautiful or handsome, (then you find out that your friend or family member wouldn't be caught dead with that person or hang out with you any more if you chose them ) or that that person is the most ugliest thing that they have ever seen (and truthfully, Ken or Barbie can't even touch that person with looks or style) but they want that person for themselves. I have got to know what they look like before I decide to venture out there to see them. I am not looking for someone with money, fame, and fortune, but a someone that is pleasing to me. I think sometimes that I should be blind and maybe have my eyes cut out (that way I won't see, judge, or have to worry about what they look like), but if they feel wrong, (now that is a different story in itself). If I set up a date (or someone else sets up the date for me), I am polite, kind and I will go meet that person. If they are not my type, I have a good time with them anyway and I tell them that we can be friends, and if they are the type of person that I am looking to be with. I invite ask them for a second date. Either way I am polite to them and I treat them the way that they should be treated. So far I have not met the person that I would like to spend all of my time with, but I have made lasting friendships, and I know that they will find the right person for them. But for me, going on Blind dates are scary (especially when you do not know who or what you are going to meet). So I play it safe and never let anyone choose my dates for me (bad experiences) and I am careful about who I am choosing. I can find a wonderful person on the personals (by their picture and the description of themselves), but it might not be them at all.. They might post a picture of a friend or someone else to try and get a date. Man, I hate dishonesty. Blind dating can be a scary thing. So I don't let my friends or family set me up or even online personals. If I really want to meet someone, I will ask someone that I know or that I meet (in person), if they would like to go out and the worse thing that they can can say is yes or no. So if you want to meet a blind date, talk to them in person and ask them out, because it turns out that the person that you truly want to be with is someone that you already know, (now you can take out the guess work). Just be bold and talk to at the person that you truly wanted to be with in the first place. For they truly are waiting on you to ask. Now, meeting your true blind date is not scary at all. What's your opinion? Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment